Cala Millor is a town located on the Levante coast of Mallorca, shared between the municipalities of San Lorenzo del Cardezar and Son Servera. Developed along the coast, it occupies a good part of the bay in which it is located. The most outstanding attraction of Cala Millor is its extensive beach, which stretches for more than a mile, with a promenade that runs from top to bottom. The accommodation offer is very varied and of high quality, with the majority of hotels and apartments located seafront, with a pedestrian zone behind.
There are many tourists who, year after year, choose one of these hotels to enjoy their vacations, with family or friends. They also find shops of all kinds and a large number of cafes, bars and restaurants. The first hotel was built in 1933 and it was the Eureka hotel, at that time there were only a few small peasant houses, used to store seaweed for animals and as a summer resort.
In the same way as other places on the coast of Mallorca, during the decade of the sixties with the tourist boom, the mass construction of hotels and apartments began. Since then, private establishments and public spaces have undergone constant beautification and improvements. Cala Millor beach, 1900 yards in length and 38 yards wide, is one of the busiest during the summer, with transparent and clean waters.
Cala Millor has a large number of shops, restaurants and bars. On its beach we find lifeguards, showers, sports, hammocks, umbrellas and a pedal boat rental services, windsurfing, canoes and parachute flights.
Sports also have their place in Cala Millor with different places to rent bicycles, very suitable for local transportation, since the terrain is flat and there are many areas closed to motorized traffic. You can practice tennis, squash, football , volleyball on the beach, diving, bodyboarding, surfing etc. Many of these activities can be practiced in the same hotels.
In 1981 the Hotel Association of the Bay of Cala Millor financed the construction of a soccer field in Son Moro, with a capacity for 9000 spectators. The Badia Cala Millor Sports Field was inaugurated with a match between Real Mallorca and Nottingham Forest, which regularly held rallies in Cala Millor. Club Deportivo Cala Millor played at the stadium as a local, a team that in the 1980s, under the patronage of local hoteliers, reached the Second Division B. In 2014 the site was demolished for the construction of a new sport complex.